Choosing to implement ERP can be a labyrinthine process of shopping around for specific tools, processes and cloud based services to find a package that suits your company. But incorporating an effective enterprise resource planning system is essential in an increasingly digitised world.
The rollout of SAP RISE, or RISE with SAP, has calmed the decision making storm for existing customers of SAP who have been unsure or unwilling to migrate to S/4HANA, or not fully understood how SAP’s embedded tools, business process intelligence, machine learning or business network packs work for every SAP customer or company seeking an effective ERP.
Thomas Saueressig, Executive Board member at SAP, describes RISE with SAP as this:
“The offering…includes access to SAP Business Technology Platform and the SAP Business Network with access to over 5 million connected companies in more than 200 countries. Last but not least, RISE with SAP includes our market-leading intelligent ERP, SAP S/4HANA Cloud”.
By their own volition, SAP have understood that the migration and implementation of SAP products can be confusing and piecemeal, so they created a more tailored adoption environment for companies who want to access SAP cloud products. This has made using SAP a lot easier, a lot more efficient and a lot cheaper. This is ideal for smaller companies, startups and companies with slimmer post-pandemic spend, plus the package comes with S/4HANA included.
For those who are familiar with SAP, the rollout of S/4HANA was a blessing – “75% of customers…(migrated) their existing SAP Business Suite…to SAP S/4HANA…within six months”. However, further service adjustments can be difficult, so RISE with SAP has taken this process of adoption and product understanding and implementation a step further.
As SAP Press themselves describe it, “RISE with SAP draws inspiration from the ideas of S/4HANA ideas and presents itself in a set of “ones,” defined as:
One offer: bundled products for a single price,
- One contract: ability to manage SLA, operations, and issue management without signing contracts for each”.
The benefits are two fold – implementation of SAP services is cheaper (due to a complete package bundle which is easier to budget too); and it offers a more bespoke bundling of services, creating a tailored approach to ERP rollout.
SAP are trying to move towards a cloud-first business, and RISE with SAP is a major step toward achieving this through offering what can only be described as a root and stem cloud based system of business process management.
- RISE with SAP is designed to be a catch-up piece of implemented cloud based PaaS – as such, resellers to consultant firms advise and work across system implementation, such as Capgemini, Infosys, Deloitte, EY and HCL Technologies. Many third party SAP vendors can get you up and running.
In short, what RISE does is create an ecosystem of ERP migration and adoption that focuses on:
- Innovation: creating bespoke packages for each company where they can choose from the enormous range of SAP products and choose a package fit for them,
- Speed: the system of “ones”, supported by a massive network of vendors and resellers means ERP rollout out is faster and more accessible,
- Integration: inefficiency is caused by doubling up of data sets, slow implementation of change management, disparate systems and decentralised data flow. S/4HANA answered some of those, RISE with SAP firmly establishes SAP as a customisable system of business process and technical migration,
- Helping customers bring their custom processes under one roof: “one subscription-based offer from SAP consisting of hyperscale infrastructure, an attractive product bundle, and necessary services and tools to transform”.
RISE with SAP is more than a migration tool, it’s a process-led ecosystem designed for any and every size firm to create an ERP system worthy of their product, service and customer base.