The tech sector has been one of the most resilient industries mid- and post- pandemic.
Rapid digitisation across multiple industries has meant an increased need for talent that can support an uptick in digital support and service. Your future is now almost entirely tech based, and almost every industry is clamoring for tech talent to help modernise their firm.
But tech is still made for, designed by, developed by and sold by people. Your people.
So developing your team, bringing quality talent to your firm and making sure they’re happy and productive is absolutely essential for businesses, especially in such a pressured environment as tech.
Your people, how you attract them to your company and how you develop them are the difference between business plateau and growth in 2021 and beyond.
Talent expectations are changing, and you have to meet these changes head on. Making sure your recruitment process is fit for purpose in 2021 is more important than ever.
For HR teams and recruiters across the world, the benefits and pitfalls of modern recruiting hinge on your ability to better expectations.
Tech has a shortage of high quality talent, so being a magnet for quality tech talent is a delicate balancing act of brand-led headhunting, networking, and old fashioned patience – and making sure your workplace is healthier, more productive and more rewarding than your competitors!
- What tech specialists have always known is their work can be done anywhere, as long as there is a good enough internet connection.
- Setting up a remote workforce isn’t the challenge it once was.
The “Working from Home” conundrum:
- Remote workers need to be supported in different ways: collaborative tools (see below) and resolute personnel management are your first port of call.
- Tech can be incredibly high pressure, and there is a lot of emphasis on digital workplaces, ecommerce, cyber security and social platforms doing the heavy brand/business lifting.
- Make sure your employees are protected and have open communication channels to peers and mentors. Effective mental health support should be encouraged and communicated at all stages, especially to new talent.
Communication and collaboration:
- Collaborative tools like Teams and Slack has meant in-house comms is efficient and inbox-loading a thing of the past – and your team will be intimately attached to almost every facet of your business.
- Effective comms will guarantee business continuity in a changing workplace, so talk proudly of your efforts to keep your door digitally open for staff to discuss ideas and work together.
Transform your Leadership:
- Modern leadership is no longer about macro/micro leadership styles : it’s about the people.
- Make talent aware you see the human behind the work, improve your internal team building, give your staff the time and space to express their thoughts and let them be creative – modern employees expect to be able to act quickly and creatively.
- With an increased reliance on digital solutions to modern problems comes the necessity to trust and believe in your team – your team needs to move quickly and adapt to changes in the market.
- Embrace these changes and new expectations! Assess, objectively, your aims, goals and needs, and discuss each employee’s skill set and how they contribute to delivery.
Grey Ring IT Recruitment are a globally minded tech recruitment company, based in the heart of London.
We launched Grey Ring with the aim to consistently deliver a first-class service to our clients and candidates across the world by utilising our broad management experience and our extensive and ever-growing database of IT professionals.
We connect the most suitable clients to the most excellent and well-matched candidates and we recognise the skills and competencies that drive a company forward.
Find out how we can help you by calling or emailing us at:
0208 004 5727